MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:August 19 2008 3:39am
Subject:Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been released
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.3, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released.  This release is of GA quality and is
suitable for  use in production environments.  We strongly urge you to
review the change log that is shipped with the product for a thorough
review of the changes.

Version 5.2.3 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1,
MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview".

It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)

** Changes since 5.2.2 **
- Increased the speed of MySqlDataReader.GetOrdinal dramatically by
using a couple of hashes for lookups
- Fixed problem where some tables that support the web providers used
the latin1 character set instead of the database default.  (bug #36444)
- Changed how the procedure schema collection is retrieved.  If 'use
procedure bodies=true' then we select on the mysql.proc table directly
as this is up to 50x faster than our current IS implementation.  If 'use
procedure bodies=false', then the IS collection is queried.  (bug #36694)
- Fixed problem with our GetOrdinal speedup where we would attempt to
add an already existing key to a hash when a resultset had more than 1
column with the same name. (bug #37239)
- small fix to how we were allowing in/out and out parameters to slide
through parameter serialization.  Before we were setting the
AllowUserVariables connection setting but that had the unfortunate side
effect of setting the value for all connections that shared that
connection string.  This way we isolate it just to our particular
command.  This may fix bug #37104
- Fixed documentation surrounding use of ? vs @ for parameters (bug #37349)
- Reduced network traffic for the normal case where the web provider
schema is up to date (bug #37469)
- Improved error reporting when a timeout occurs.  It no longer uses a
message like 'reading from stream failed'.  (bug #38119)
- fixed problem where adding a non-existent user to a role would not
auto-create the user record (bug #38243)
- moved string escaping routine from the MySqlString class to the
MySqlHelper class and made it public and static.  (bug #36205)
- Fixed problem where column metadata was not being read with the
correct character set  (bug #38721)
- Fixed problem where the uninstall was not cleaning up the state files
(bug #38534)
- Added 'Functions Return String' connection string option
- Several other fixes merged in from 5.0 and 5.1

Enjoy and thanks for the support!
Reggie

Thread
Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been releasedReggie Burnett19 Aug
  • RE: Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been releasedJorge Bastos19 Aug
  • Re: Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been releasedMatthew Guy19 Aug
    • RE: Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been releasedReggie Burnett19 Aug
      • Re: Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been releasedMatthew Guy19 Aug
      • RE: Connector/Net 5.2.3 GA has been releasedLynn Eriksen19 Aug