MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel B. Hobbs Date:April 22 2008 6:18pm
Subject:Re: Exception thrown when using MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand command)
View as plain text
After some more testing I have discovered that the problem is with the
spaces between the type and the size.  It works fine if there is no
space between the two.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Daniel B. Hobbs
<daniel.b.hobbs@stripped> wrote:
> I am writing a simple tool to compare stored procedure signatures in
>  different databases, one of which is MySql.  I'm using the
>  CommandBuilder to derive the parameters and then compare them with our
>  internal build database.  However, whenever I try to derive the
>  parameters from a stored procedure I'm getting an "Unhandled type
>  encountered" error.  I think this has something to do with the varchar
>  parameters that are being used.
>
>  There are four parameters to this stored procedure
>
>  _AclID int,
>  _EntryType varchar (255),
>  _EntryIdentifier varchar (100),
>  _PolicyID int
>
>  Here's the stack trace (the important parts).
>
>  MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException was unhandled
>   Message="Unhandled type encountered"
>   Source="MySql.Data"
>   ErrorCode=-2147467259
>   Number=0
>   StackTrace:
>        at MySql.Data.Types.MetaData.NameToType(String typeName,
>  Boolean unsigned, Boolean realAsFloat, MySqlConnection connection)
>        at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand
>  command)
>        at DbsInSynch.MySqlManager.DeriveStoredProcedureParams(String
>  storedProcName) in
>  C:\Dev\SprocManagement\SprocManagement\MySqlManager.cs:line 156
>
>  Is this a bug with the .Net Connector or am I doing something wrong?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Daniel

Thread
Exception thrown when using MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand command)Daniel B. Hobbs22 Apr
  • Re: Exception thrown when using MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand command)Daniel B. Hobbs22 Apr