MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel B. Hobbs Date:April 22 2008 5:36pm
Subject:Exception thrown when using MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand command)
View as plain text
I am writing a simple tool to compare stored procedure signatures in
different databases, one of which is MySql.  I'm using the
CommandBuilder to derive the parameters and then compare them with our
internal build database.  However, whenever I try to derive the
parameters from a stored procedure I'm getting an "Unhandled type
encountered" error.  I think this has something to do with the varchar
parameters that are being used.

There are four parameters to this stored procedure

_AclID int,
_EntryType varchar (255),
_EntryIdentifier varchar (100),
_PolicyID int

Here's the stack trace (the important parts).

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException was unhandled
  Message="Unhandled type encountered"
  Source="MySql.Data"
  ErrorCode=-2147467259
  Number=0
  StackTrace:
       at MySql.Data.Types.MetaData.NameToType(String typeName,
Boolean unsigned, Boolean realAsFloat, MySqlConnection connection)
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand
command)
       at DbsInSynch.MySqlManager.DeriveStoredProcedureParams(String
storedProcName) in
C:\Dev\SprocManagement\SprocManagement\MySqlManager.cs:line 156

Is this a bug with the .Net Connector or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel
Thread
Exception thrown when using MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand command)Daniel B. Hobbs22 Apr
  • Re: Exception thrown when using MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(MySqlCommand command)Daniel B. Hobbs22 Apr