MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lynn Eriksen Date:November 7 2006 8:09pm
Subject:RE: MySQL Connector and VS-Tools beta
View as plain text
Ah,  the "error 0: parameter "?Mname" must be defined" error.

Reggie has updated the code so that it when you enter the
'ParameterName' property in a MySQLParameter object you need to name it
with a "?" prefix for it to be found, otherwise it will fail. Doing this
allows the provider to be MUCH faster under many circumstances.

1.08 does not let you know this, instead it throws the "must be
defined".

Hopefully this will be updated in the 1.09 driver to throw a better
error. Other than this the 1.08 driver works fairly well.

You will not have this problem on the 1.07 driver, but the change I
mention above will most likely be in place on all versions going
forward.

Thanks,

Lynn Eriksen

713.960.8222 X105