MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stefano Del Furia Date:November 1 2006 1:21pm
Subject:Connectionstring parameter for faster connection's open
View as plain text
Hi all,
i'm using the connector for an OpenSource project about Squid's log
analyzer.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/slae

In my software i support Access, SqlServer and MySql.
During a test's session on performace i have notice that MySQL was 10
times slower than SqlServer.
After some test i have found that the problem could be on connection open
due to my DataTier architecture.
Searchinig on internet i have found that the Connector do some check on
every connection's open, but that there are some connectionstring's
parameters that i can set for avoid this.

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?38,42589,56988#msg-56988
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?38,42589,63917#msg-63917

I have tried to use these parameter but i get always an error.
So, my connection string is, actually:

Server=nemo;Database=SLAE;Uid=root;Pwd=xxx;Pooling=true;

What must i use for getting faster connection opening ???
Thanks in advance
Stefano

Thread
Connectionstring parameter for faster connection's openStefano Del Furia1 Nov
  • RE: Connectionstring parameter for faster connection's openKevin Turner1 Nov
    • Re: Connectionstring parameter for faster connection's openStefano Del Furia1 Nov