MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Dindorp Date:October 27 2006 3:32pm
Subject:RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio plugin
View as plain text
Barry Zubel:
> We encountered this, and circumvented this by defining our fields
> as DOUBLE(x,y) to ensure that a standard precision set is used.

Very nice workaround!
(Well, as long as you don't need the extra precision.)

If you've done any testing as to which x,y parameters work and which
don't, I'd appreciate seeing the results of your findings.  You could
add them to bug 5225 too...

Yvan Rodrigues:
> The workarounds were (a) use double or decimal type

Using DOUBLE doesn't seem to be a viable workaround..

> set LastWins to true in the commandbuilder.

Disabling optimistic concurrency would do the trick if you're coding
manually, but won't work if you're dragging controls onto your GUI
in the IDE and have no control over the CommandBuilder.

Thread
New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett25 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginMartin MC Brown26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginBarry Zubel27 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett27 Oct
    • MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueJohan Steyn19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueReggie Burnett21 Feb
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginYvan Rodrigues27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp28 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett29 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp9 Nov
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett15 Nov
RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb