List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Dindorp Date:October 26 2006 9:25am
Subject:RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio plugin
View as plain text
> Just wanted to drop a quick note and let everyone know that we
> now have a dedicated bugs category for the Visual Studio plugin.

Do you want me to add a reference to bug 5225 there?

It's "directly related" in the way that MySQL Server is unusable
with .NET if you use floating point fields, because MySQL Server
is designed such that it breaks optimistic concurrency.

(It won't break immediately for new users, things will first start
 breaking once they're done implementing and have started putting
 data that triggers the bug into their system.)

I could even add a concise summary of the bug, explaining in short
why MySQL Server + .NET is a no-go if you want to use floating point
numbers.

Hmm.  Or do you have a workaround in the .NET connector for this
issue, such that is it not relevant here?

Thread
New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett25 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginMartin MC Brown26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginBarry Zubel27 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett27 Oct
    • MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueJohan Steyn19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueReggie Burnett21 Feb
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginYvan Rodrigues27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp28 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett29 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp9 Nov
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett15 Nov
RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb