MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Turner Date:October 3 2006 9:52am
Subject:RE: How to bundle .net driver with application
View as plain text

I always deliver mysql.data.dll in the bin folder with all my applications other dll's -
that way your deployed application always uses the correct version. This does (I presume)
rely on the fact that the deployment machine has not had a different .Net Connector dll
installed in the GAC separately. There should be no real reason to install the connector
separately on the deployment machine. Why would your users do this?  Are they developers
too?