MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mauritz Sundell Date:March 5 2018 10:04am
Subject:Re: Antwort: Re: Out of operation records in local data manager far
below MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations
View as plain text
Hi Hendrik

On 2018-03-05 10:44, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
> Hi Mauritz,
>
> the table(s), where I see this error often, have:
>
> 1) a primary key index --> thats +1

No extra operations for primary key.
Only secondary unique indexes should use extra operations.

> 2) no blobs
> 3) 4) no foreign keys
> 5) the primary key is one integer column
> 6) the number of ldm threads should be 6 (MaxNoOfExecutionThreads=12)
> and ndb_desc shows 12 partitions on two datanodes in one node group
>
> We did not set MaxNoOfLocalOperations explicitely.

Ok, need to look elsewhere.

Can you provide more details of the statements of the failing transaction?

Mauritz

> [...]
> und löschen diese E-Mail. Bitte beachten Sie, dass jede Form der
> Veröffentlichung, Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe des Inhaltes dieser
> E-Mail unzulässig und nicht gestattet ist. Verfälschungen des
> ursprünglichen Inhaltes dieser Nachricht bei der Datenübertragung
> können
> nicht ausgeschlossen werden. E-Mails können manipuliert werden und Viren
> oder ähnliche Sicherheitsrisiken enthalten.
> This e-mail contains confidential or legally protected information and
> is exclusively meant for the named addressee. In case you are not the
> intended addressee of this e-mail or its representative please inform
> the sender immediately and delete the e-mail. Please note that every
> form of publication, duplication or propagation of the content of this
> e-mail is forbidden and not allowed. Falsification of the original
> content of this message during the data transfer cannot be excluded.
> Furthermore, e-mails may contain viruses or similar security risks.
>

> Inactive hide details for Mauritz Sundell ---05.03.2018 10:24:34---Hi
> Hendrik On 2018-03-05 09:03, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:Mauritz Sundell
> ---05.03.2018 10:24:34---Hi Hendrik On 2018-03-05 09:03, Hendrik
> Woltersdorf wrote:
>
> Von: Mauritz Sundell <mauritz.sundell@stripped>
> An: Hendrik Woltersdorf <hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped>,
> cluster@stripped
> Datum: 05.03.2018 10:24
> Betreff: Re: Out of operation records in local data manager far below
> MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations

> Hi Hendrik
>
> On 2018-03-05 09:03, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > we run a MySQL-Cluster, currently version 7.4.15, where we get "Out of
>  > operation records in local data manager" at approximately 55000 rows
>  > updated or deleted in one transaction,
>  > even though MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations=300000.
>  >
>  > Any ideas, why 300000 operation records are not enough for 55000 rows?
> Assuming there are no other concurrent transactions, this could be due
> to extra implied load such as:
>
> 1) changes to unique indexes, each change takes an operation.
>
> 2) changes to blob columns, each change column can take one or more
> operation depending  on size of value.
>
> 3) foreign keys causing lookups in parent table
>
> 4) foreign keys cascading into child tables
>
> Or it could be due to skew load due to:
>
> 5) Partial primary key used as partitioning key.
>
> 6) The number of partitions do not match number of LDM-threads.
>      This should typically not happen unless explicitly expressed, or if
> one have reconfigured cluster with more LDM-threads or adding nodes
> without runnning reorganize partitions.
>
> One can also configure the number of operations records in local data
> manager (LDM) with MaxNoOfLocalOperations.
> By default that is slightly bigger than MaxNoOfConcurrentOperation.

Thread
Out of operation records in local data manager far belowMaxNoOfConcurrentOperationsHendrik Woltersdorf5 Mar
  • Re: Out of operation records in local data manager far belowMaxNoOfConcurrentOperationsMauritz Sundell5 Mar
    • Antwort: Re: Out of operation records in local data manager far belowMaxNoOfConcurrentOperationsHendrik Woltersdorf5 Mar
      • Re: Antwort: Re: Out of operation records in local data manager farbelow MaxNoOfConcurrentOperationsMauritz Sundell5 Mar
        • Re: Antwort: Re: Out of operation records in local data manager farbelow MaxNoOfConcurrentOperationsMauritz Sundell5 Mar
    • Re: Out of operation records in local data manager far below MaxNoOfConcurrentOperationsTom Egan5 Mar