MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Hanlon Date:September 16 2009 12:00am
Subject:Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tables
View as plain text
Matthew Schlegel wrote:
> Howdy,
>

> I have a basic 2-node NDB cluster setup running
> 5.1.34-ndb-7.0.6-cluster-gpl-log. The cluster is setup with 2 data
> nodes, 2 mgmt nodes, and 2 API nodes.
>
> We are working to migrate a user application using the C-API (v14.7
> distribution 4.1.12) from using a MySQL server version 5.0.40-enterprise
> to using the cluster, however, the user is reporting problems with their
> application when the storage engine is changed to NDB. The application
> is reported to work properly when connected to the clusters API nodes
> using MyISAM tables.
>
> The table causing problems is:
> CREATE TABLE `test_NDB` (
> `shot` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
> `status` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
> `job` varchar(256) DEFAULT NULL,
> `node` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,
> `sdb` blob
> ) TABLESPACE ts_1 STORAGE DISK ENGINE=ndbcluster;
>
> I'm aware that the lack of indexes will affect performance, however, the
> goal at this point is to get their application running.

No indexes leads to full table scans. Cluster does not perform well with
full table scans. Full table scans with Blobs ?? You had better have an
extremely fast network :-) , like some network from the future.

--
Tom

> Is there anything that would cause select queries on this table to be
> returned in any way different than they would with the same queries on a
> MyISAM version of the table?
>
> Thank you for the assistance,
>

> Matthew Schlegel
>
> System Analyst
>

> eXcellence in IS Solutions, Inc. (X-ISS)
>
> Office:  713.862.9200 x203
>
> http://www.x-iss.com <http://www.x-iss.com>
>

> Making IT Work for You
> HPC & Enterprise IT Solutions
>

> NOTICE:
> This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender
> by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without using,
> copying or disclosing the contents.

Thread
Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesMatthew Schlegel11 Sep
  • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesFrazer Clement11 Sep
    • RE: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesMatthew Schlegel11 Sep
      • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesFrazer Clement12 Sep
        • RE: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesMatthew Schlegel14 Sep
          • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesFrazer Clement14 Sep
  • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesTom Hanlon16 Sep