MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frazer Clement Date:September 11 2009 4:01pm
Subject:Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tables
View as plain text
Matthew Schlegel wrote:

> Howdy,
>

> I have a basic 2-node NDB cluster setup running
> 5.1.34-ndb-7.0.6-cluster-gpl-log. The cluster is setup with 2 data
> nodes, 2 mgmt nodes, and 2 API nodes.
>
> We are working to migrate a user application using the C-API (v14.7
> distribution 4.1.12) from using a MySQL server version
> 5.0.40-enterprise to using the cluster, however, the user is reporting
> problems with their application when the storage engine is changed to
> NDB. The application is reported to work properly when connected to
> the clusters API nodes using MyISAM tables.
>
> The table causing problems is:
> CREATE TABLE `test_NDB` (
> `shot` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
> `status` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
> `job` varchar(256) DEFAULT NULL,
> `node` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,
> `sdb` blob
> ) TABLESPACE ts_1 STORAGE DISK ENGINE=ndbcluster;
>
> I'm aware that the lack of indexes will affect performance, however,
> the goal at this point is to get their application running.
>
> Is there anything that would cause select queries on this table to be
> returned in any way different than they would with the same queries on
> a MyISAM version of the table?

Yes.
To progress this issue you need to indicate what sort of problems the
user application is experiencing.  Performance?  Timeouts?  Row ordering?

--
Frazer Clement, Software Engineer, MySQL Cluster
Sun Microsystems - www.mysql.com

Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesMatthew Schlegel11 Sep
  • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesFrazer Clement11 Sep
    • RE: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesMatthew Schlegel11 Sep
      • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesFrazer Clement12 Sep
        • RE: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesMatthew Schlegel14 Sep
          • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesFrazer Clement14 Sep
  • Re: Problems with C-API client using NDB tablesTom Hanlon16 Sep