MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Stephens Date:September 8 2009 8:44pm
Subject:Re: Configuring to use multiple cores
View as plain text
Yuval Oren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm evaluating MySQL Cluster 7.0.6 as a possible alternative to our own
> internal in-memory database. I've been testing on a single 2-CPU (8
> core) machine with one ndb_mgmd, one ndbd, and one mysqld -- no
> redundancy for now. My test program runs between 1 and 100 concurrent
> threads of continuous querying, but no more than 2 cores (1 for ndbd, 1
> for mysqld) are ever saturated, and performance quickly degrades as
> concurrency increases.
>
> Am I missing some key configuration parameters that will use more cores?

Hi,

ndbd is single-threaded. You can run multiple instances of ndbd on
machines with multiple cores, but you might want to try out the
multi-threaded version of the data node daemon (ndbmtd) instead:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-programs-ndbmtd.html

You may also find the realtime performance parameters to be of interest:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-ndbd-definition.html#mysql-cluster-realtime-performance-parameters

cheers

jon.

--

Jon Stephens - jon.stephens@stripped
Technical Writer

Thread
Configuring to use multiple coresYuval Oren8 Sep
  • Re: Configuring to use multiple coresJon Stephens8 Sep
    • Re: Configuring to use multiple coresYuval Oren9 Sep