List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Date:January 26 2007 10:01pm
Subject:Re: Error 711 System busy with node restart
View as plain text
We have thousands of create and drop tables daily.

We absolutely need to have the cluster available for schema changes through a node
failure. We wanted to move to a cluster to be able to roll through node restarts without
affecting clients.

I'm testing a 4 server mysql cluster to take over the work 2 mysql 4.1
servers using innodb are doing. We have over 10k tables, 280gb data,
and per month: about 2 billion inserts, 2 billion updates, 600 million
reads.

Heh, between my first message and this one, management has already questioned the
reasoning for using the cluster at all. Ack. I really don't want to go down the path of
attampting application splitting to handle our write-bound data SQL load.

Brian