MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 12 2005 8:58am
Subject:Re: Large Table maintainance
View as plain text
Hi,

2005-07-12 kl. 08.45 skrev Adam Dixon:

>> Yes, it would. Although I don't think you need to jump to cluster.
>> Have
>> you tried InnoDB tables?
>
> Can you elaborate on how NDB would handle the deleting of rows in
> comparison to MyISAM whilst maintaining the speed of which it returns
> results.
>
> Further to that, cluster is being considered as a method of scale, as
> currently the one system with replicated is has too much going on, we
> would like to distribute load whilst at the same time maintaining
> redundancy.

Sounds like a perfect match for MySQL Cluster.

Rgrds Mikael

> Thanks

Mikael Ronstrom, Senior Software Architect
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Jumpstart your cluster:
http://www.mysql.com/consulting/packaged/cluster.html

Thread
Large Table maintainanceAdam Dixon12 Jul
  • Re: Large Table maintainanceStewart Smith12 Jul
    • Re: Large Table maintainanceAdam Dixon12 Jul
      • Re: Large Table maintainanceMikael Ronström12 Jul
  • Re: Large Table maintainanceMikael Ronström12 Jul
    • RE: Large Table maintainanceJonathan Miller12 Jul