MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:July 11 2005 12:41pm
Subject:Re: Big database
View as plain text
On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 11:01 +0200, Cliff Simon wrote:
> I already read the development roadmap of mysql 5.1, but i can´t
> figure out on which time the release is. Is the there any indication
> of the release?

When it's ready :)

Well, it'll be after 5.0 and a source code only alpha release is planned
for later this year I think. So not for a while (however, if you think
on a geological scale, it's really no time at all! :)

> My problem is, that my database grows very fast, so that the scaling
> of the ram is very cost-intensively.
> Is there any auxiliary solution to fix this problem yet?
>
> It would be no problem to archive older data or rarely used on a
> separate system or to harddisk.

One possibility is to just periodically move old data to an
innodb/myisam table.

How you query this depends largely on the queries you run.
--
Stewart Smith, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Jumpstart your cluster: