List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell E Glaue Date:November 9 2004 3:07pm
Subject:Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after reboot
View as plain text
Hi.

This was filed as bug: #6328
"Bug #6328 [Opn]: Cluster API node crashes, and cannot reenter cluster
without restarting MGM node"

Also see the thread:
"API Crash, does not reenter cluster without MGM restart"

Please add your relevant findings of this bug to the bug report. You can
add a comment on to the bug report.
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6328

Thanks.
-RG

jon stuart wrote:
> hi,
>
> after a reboot of a ndbd node (with node id 1), it was unable to rejoin
> the cluster, erroring with:
>
> Problem data: Unable to alloc node id
> Object of reference: Could not alloc node id: Id 1 already allocated by
> another node.
>
> whilst the mgm client was reporting node 1 offline:
>
> NDB> show
> Cluster Configuration
> ---------------------
> [ndbd(NDB)]     4 node(s)
> id=1 (not connected, accepting connect from host01)
> id=2    @x.y.z.a  (Version: 3.5.2, Nodegroup: 0)
> id=3    @x.y.z.b  (Version: 3.5.2, Nodegroup: 1)
> id=4    @x.y.z.c  (Version: 3.5.2, Nodegroup: 1)
>
> NDB> 1 status
> Node 1: not connected
>
> the problem peristed for many ndbd start attempts on node 1. i cleared
> the problem by restarting ndb_mgmd (which is on node 5) and now all is
> fine.
>
> is this a known issue and what can i do about it?
>
> i am running mysql-4.1.6-gamma on redhat9 (for my sins).
>
> thanks and regards, jon.

Thread
node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootOlivier Kaloudoff9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
      • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
          • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
            • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootRussell E Glaue9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov