List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jon stuart Date:November 9 2004 11:13am
Subject:Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after reboot
View as plain text
Tomas Ulin wrote:
> we seem to have an issue with the allocation of node id's in the
> management server.  There is a bug-report on this.

ah, #6328. sorry to have missed it before mailing.

> workarounds right now are:
> 1. restart the management server when this occurs (like you did)
> or
> 2. start the management server with the option --no-nodeid-checks, then
> there will be no checking if a nodeid is free or not by the ndb_mgmd,
> and then you have to use explicit nodeid's in your connectstring.

ack, thanks for the pointers. it's a small cluster; i can probably get
away with explicit nodeid's for each node without too much admin overhead.

regards, jon.
Thread
node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootOlivier Kaloudoff9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
      • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
          • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
            • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootRussell E Glaue9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov