List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shahidan Date:April 14 2014 9:18am
Subject:Benchmark webscalesql 5.6 using mysql-test-run got errors
View as plain text
Hi br0,

Whats up? Its been a while since Mycrypto is on slow moving pace. So luckly i have enough
time to do some stupid things. Ive applied so many sys admin jobs and waiting them to
reply(hopefully).

So, I had tried compiling (take almost 1 day to compile on vbox) webscalesql source and
managed to install it on ubuntu server 12.04.

webscalesql include test script for doing performance benchmark. Now im testing it but hit
some bugs(errors maybe) and posted on google group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/webscalesql/8Dh7cTjl65o

Feel free to test compiling webscalesql. It was a nightmare for me tocompile this project:

a.) Install dependencies:

apt-get install libncurses5-dev libreadline g++ bison gcc-4.7 g++-4.7
python-software-properties cmake

b.) Update repository and check g++-4.7 binaries:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-cache search "g\+\+"

c.) Point gcc installation to gcc version 4.7 in cmake:

First, build, run and check success build.

git clone https://github.com/webscalesql/webscalesql-5.6.git
cd webscalesql-5.6

cmake . -DBUILD_TYPE=mysql_release -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-4.7 -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.7
&& make

Test MySQL installation works or not:

- start mysql deamon

mysqld_safe &

Benchmark MySQL using expression function

SELECT BENCHMARK(1000000,1+1);

good luck!

regards,
Naim S.

Thread
Benchmark webscalesql 5.6 using mysql-test-run got errorsshahidan14 Apr
  • [MySQL benchmark] Benchmark webscalesql 5.6 using mysql-test-run got errorsNaim Shahidan14 Apr