MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ulf Wendel Date:December 19 2008 1:01pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/C++ 1.0.2alpha is available!
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

a new version of MySQL Connector/C++ has been made available: MySQL
Connector/C++ 1.0.2alpha. The MySQL Connector/C++ provides a C++ API for
connecting client applications to the MySQL Server. You can download the
alpha release at:

   http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/cpp/1.0.html

The 1.0.2alpha is a bug fix release. Please see the documentation and
the CHANGES file in the source distribution for a detailed description
of bugs that have been fixed. The following methods have been implemented:

  - MySQL_PreparedStatement::clearParameters()
  - MySQL_PreparedStatement::setNull()
  - MySQL_ResultSetMetaData::getScale()
  - MySQL_Prepared_ResultSetMetaData::getScale()
  - MySQL_ResultSetMetaData::getPrecision()
  - MySQL_Prepared_ResultSetMetaData::getPrecision()
  - MySQL_ResultSetMetaData::getColumnDisplaySize()
  - MySQL_Prepared_ResultSetMetaData::getColumnDisplaySize()

Furthermore we have added our JDBC compliance tests to the release.

You can find further details, including usage examples, on the projects
MySQL Forge wiki page at:

   http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Connector_C++

A first documentation draft is available at:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/connector-cpp.html

Please note, the MySQL Connector/C++ is released as an alpha version. We
do not recommend using it in production environments or systems with
critical data. Please note, official support is not available for the
alpha version of Connector/C++.

Feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches and so on are welcome and
appreciated:

     http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Contributing

You may also want to contribute to the MySQL Forum on C/C++ at
http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?167 or join the MySQL Connector/C++

Connector/C++ is licensed under the terms of the GPL, like most MySQL
Connectors. There are special exceptions to the terms and conditions of
the GPL as it is applied to this software, see FLOSS License Exception
(http://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/foss-exception.html). For
Licensing questions, and to purchase MySQL Products and Services, please
contact MySQL:

   http://www.mysql.com/buy-mysql

Enjoy!

Ulf

--
Ulf Wendel, MySQL
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten