MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ulf Wendel Date:April 5 2007 12:11pm
Subject:MySQL native driver for PHP: mysqlnd-5.0.1-beta has been released
View as plain text
Dear Developers,

we are proud to announce the beta version of the MySQL native driver for
PHP: mysqlnd 5.0.1-beta. The software is available for download on:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php-mysqlnd

The MySQL native driver for PHP is an additional, alternative way to
connect from PHP 5 and PHP 6 to the MySQL Server 4.1 or newer. It is a
replacement for libmysql, the MySQL Client Library. From now on you can
use ext/mysqli either together with libmysql as you did in the past or
with mysqlnd. The MySQL native driver for PHP can connect to MySQL
Servers 4.1 or newer.

As stated before, we have no plans to remove libmysql support from
ext/mysqli, which would break existing applications.

Changes
------------

The 5.0.1-beta release covers the functionality of the libmysql beside
some functions that are marked as experimental in the ext/mysqli
documentation. The following additions have been implemented since the
release of 5.0.0-alpha:

* Support for Prepared Statements

* Support for Unicode

* Support for PHP 5

* Performance statistics:
   mysqli_get_client_stats(),
   mysqli_get_connection_stats()

Please contribute to the development on the mailing list
php@stripped and share your ideas. See http://lists.mysql.com for
details how to subscribe to the list.

Installation

Please check the download page on