MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mads Martin Joergensen Date:October 28 2006 12:18pm
Subject:MySQL Community Server 5.0.27 and MySQL Enterprise Server 5.0.28 has been released
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

MySQL Community Server 5.0.27, a new version of the popular Open Source
Database Management System, has been released. The release is now
available in source and binary form for a number of platforms from our
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and mirror sites[*].

MySQL Enterprise Server 5.0.28 is available for commercial customers
from our web site. MySQL Enterprise customers will be notified through
alerts, and OEM/ISV customers of MySQL Enterprise Classic and MySQL
Cluster can download their 5.0.28 release from our OEM/ISV site as
before. To read more about the differentiation between the MySQL
Enterprise Server and the MySQL Community Server, read Kaj Arnö's blog

   http://www.planetmysql.org/kaj/?p=64

and the product description of MySQL Enterprise at:

   http://mysql.com/products/enterprise/

MySQL 5.0.27 is an important bugfix release for the 5.0.26 release, which
introduced an ABI incompatibility with earlier releases in the MySQL 5.0
production family:

   http://bugs.mysql.com/23427

We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes,
patches etc.:

   http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Contributing

Due to this release only containing the above mentioned ABI breakage
fix, we refer to the following URL which has a list of all changes in
the MySQL 5.0.26 release:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-26.html

Let me also use this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience this
might have caused.

Sincerely,
   Mads Martin

[*] Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point in
time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again
later or choose another download site.

P.S. You might want to watch this 1 min 14 sec YouTube video I just
found, featuring "The MySQL Man", a baby dreaming of his future career
moves:

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvamAW_nSE

--
Mads Martin Jørgensen, Release Manager
MySQL AB, Odense, Denmark -- www.mysql.com

----- End forwarded message -----
--
Mads Martin Jørgensen, Release Manager
MySQL AB, Odense, Denmark -- www.mysql.com
Thread
MySQL Community Server 5.0.27 and MySQL Enterprise Server 5.0.28 has been releasedMads Martin Joergensen28 Oct