MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:July 24 2018 8:42pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4.8 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4.8 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.

This is a maintenance release that includes a few enhancements and
fixes a number of bugs.  You can find more information on the contents
of this release in the change log:

     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.4/en/news-3-4-8.html
     (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

     http://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

IMPORTANT: MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM) 8.0 offers many significant
improvements over MEM 3.4 and 4.0, and we highly recommend that you
consider upgrading. More information on MEM 8.0 is available here:

   What's New in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 8.0
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/8.0/en/mem-comparison.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/8.0/en/mem-faq.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/8.0/en/

Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems,
request features, or give us general feedback about how this release
meets your needs.

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

Useful URLs

* My Oracle Support - http://support.oracle.com/
* What's New in 3.4 -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.4/en/mem-comparison-3-4.html
* Change log - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.4/en/
* Installation documentation -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.4/en/mem-installing.html
* Complete documentation - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.4/en/
* Product information -
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
* Download - http://support.oracle.com/ (available now) or
http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4.8

Functionality Added or Changed

* The installers were updated with improved Japanese and Chinese
   translations.

   Also, to better support Japanese installations, the
   configuration_report files, generated by the installer, now use the
   utf8 character set.

* The OpenSSL libraries used by the MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   installers and MySQL Enterprise Monitor Aggregator have been
   upgraded to 1.0.2o.

* The MySQL server, bundled with the MySQL Enterprise Service Manager,
   has been upgraded to MySQL 5.7.23.

* The bundled JRE was updated to 1.8.0_181 for both the Agent and
   Service Manager.

Bugs Fixed

* Changes to the Query Analysis Reporting advisor's configuration were
   ignored by the built-in agent of the MySQL Enterprise Service
   Manager. The changes were created correctly, but the built-in agent
   continued using the default schedule and configuration.

   Important: This issue affected the built-in agent of the MySQL
   Enterprise Service Manager only. It did not affect the standalone
   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent.

   For information on this distinction, see MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   Component Overview.

   (Bug #27986851)

* The plus character (+) was added to search criteria on the Query
   Analyzer filter's Value field. These characters were added if a
   search was performed, the Details page was opened for one of the
   seach results, then the Query Analyzer page was opened again.

   For example, searching for INSERT INTO `mem__quan` resulted in the
   string INSERT+INTO+`mem__quan`.

* The agent upgrade option, --ignore-old-proxy-aggr was present in the
   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent and documentation. The upgrade from
   MySQL Enterprise Agent Proxy Service 2.3 is no longer supported.

* If the configuration of the Query Analysis Reporting advisor was
   changed, for example by disabling, then reenabling, the Example
   Query or Explain, the Auto-Explain Threshold value was set to zero
   instead of to the default value of 100 milliseconds. This resulted
   in an error and no new queries were displayed on the Query Analyzer.

* The Example Statements configuration message, displayed if
   EXAMPLE/EXPLAIN query was not enabled, incorrectly referenced
   performance_schema_events_statements_history_size instead of
   performance_schema_events_statements_history_long_size.

* If the data retention policy was set to zero, or a negative value,
   and the MySQL Enterprise Service Manager was upgraded, the upgraded
   MySQL Enterprise Service Manager failed to start.
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.4.8 has been releasedandy bang24 Jul