MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:April 26 2018 9:34pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.4 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.4 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.

This is a maintenance release that includes a few enhancements and
fixes a number of bugs.  You can find more information on the contents
of this release in the change log:

     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/news-4-0-4.html
     (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

     http://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

IMPORTANT: MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM) 8.0 offers many significant
improvements over MEM 3.3, 3.4, and 4.0, and we highly recommend that
you consider upgrading. More information on MEM 8.0 is available here:

   What's New in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 8.0
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/8.0/en/mem-comparison.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/8.0/en/mem-faq.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/8.0/en/

Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems,
request features, or give us general feedback about how this release
meets your needs.

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

Useful URLs

* My Oracle Support - http://support.oracle.com/
* What's New in 4.0 -
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/mem-comparison.html
* Change log - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/
* Installation documentation -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/mem-installing.html
* Complete documentation - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/
* Product information -
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
* Download - http://support.oracle.com/ or http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.4

Functionality Added or Changed

* The performance of the data aggregation process is improved in this
   release. (Bug #26950542)

* The MySQL server, bundled with the MySQL Enterprise Service Manager,
   has been upgraded to MySQL 5.7.22.

* The bundled JRE was updated to 1.8.0_172 for both the Agent and
   Service Manager.

Bugs Fixed

* The MySQL Enterprise Service Manager always used the default data
   purge values, regardless of what values were specified. (Bug
   #27869486)

* MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent parsed all name=value pairs, even if
   they were inside comments, or outside legal config sections in a
   Cluster config.ini.

   As of this release, only configuration values in legally defined
   sections are parsed. (Bug #27844552)

* The Query Analyzer's Configure Query Analyzer link did not link to
   the Query Analyzer advisors. (Bug #27844552)

* The documentation did not clearly state that the GUI-based advisors
   could not be copied as the basis for custom advisors. Only
   expression-based advisors can be copied in this manner. (Bug
   #27731494)

* The Time Span and Graph From: labels did not display multibyte
   characters correctly. The character codes were displayed instead of
   the characters themselves. (Bug #27695440)

* NDB Clusters with multiple MySQL nodes were listed as a single MySQL
   instance in the All Targets drop-down menu. (Bug #27556453)

* The Zoom links on the Query Analyzer page did not alter the graph
   time range. (Bug #27410942)

* The columns of the Current Emergency & Critical Events list, on the
   Overview page, contained chevrons, indicating it was possible to
   sort the events. It is not possible to sort the events of this list,
   the emergency events are always listed first, and the list is sorted
   by Current and Time. (Bug #27011755, Bug #27720503)

* The Overview graphs contained no scale information. As of this
   release, the graph tooltips now contain timestamps.

* The Last Seen column of the Unreachable Agents did not sort by date.

* On Windows platforms, the agent service description contained an
   incorrect version number.

* The emailed links were incorrect for events generated by the SQL
   Statement Generates Warnings or Errors and Average Statement
   Execution Time Advisor advisors.

* It was not possible to edit any notification groups other than the
   first 10 displayed. The remaining groups were displayed as inactive.

* The link to the Settings page, in the Important Product-Related
   Announcements section of the What's New page, did not link to the
   Settings page.
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.4 has been releasedandy bang26 Apr