MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:January 29 2018 9:35pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.3 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.3 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.  It
will also be available for download via the Oracle Software Delivery
Cloud in a few days.  MySQL Enterprise Monitor is the best-in-class
tool for monitoring and management of your MySQL assets and is
included with your MySQL Enterprise Edition and MySQL Enterprise
Carrier Grade subscriptions.

You’ll find information about what’s new here:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/news-4-0-3.html
   (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

Highlights

* Modern look and feel: a redesigned user interface delivers a vastly
   improved overall user experience. The visible changes--the layout,
   the icons, the and the overall aesthetics--provide a more natural
   and intuitive experience. Views dynamically change and adjust to
   your current context and the assets you've selected, everything from
   individual MySQL instances or hosts to your custom Groups, to your
   complex replication and clustered topologies. Additional
   enhancements include a much more responsive UI and a greater
   capacity to scale, allowing you to more effectively manage thousands
   of MySQL related assets.

* MySQL Cluster monitoring: we now auto-discover your MySQL Cluster
   installations and give you visibility into the performance,
   availability, and health of each MySQL instance and NDB process, as
   well as the health of the MySQL Cluster instance as a single logical
   system. The Overview dashboard displays detailed instrumentation
   available for each MySQL Cluster and the Topology dashboard displays
   the current configuration of your MySQL Cluster enabling you to
   quickly see the status of the MySQL Cluster instance as a whole and
   each individual process. The Topology dashboard allows you to easily
   see how your MySQL Cluster installations are currently functioning.

* A User Statistics report: which provides an easy way to monitor
   MySQL resource utilization broken down by user.

Download

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

   http://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.
Note that it may take a day or so for the "Release" drop-down cache
to refresh to include "MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0".

You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:

   http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Search "All Categories" for "MySQL" and choose from the results
accordingly.  You will find the Enterprise Monitor along with other
MySQL products.

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems,
request features, or give us general feedback about how this release
meets your needs.

Useful URLs

* My Oracle Support - http://support.oracle.com/
* What's New in 4.0 -
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/mem-comparison.html
* Change log - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/
* Installation documentation -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/mem-installing.html
* Complete documentation - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/
* Product information -
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
* Download - http://support.oracle.com/ or http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

- The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.3

Functionality Added or Changed

* As of this release, to improve the performance of the metric,
   Database File I/O, only the top 100 consumers are returned in the
   report. (Bug #27300501)

* It is now possible to specify the notification level for queries
   with warnings, or errors, on the SQL Statement Generates Warnings or
   Errors advisor. For more information, see SQL Statement Generates
   Warnings or Errors. (Bug #27280965)

* The OpenSSL libraries used by the MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   installers and MySQL Enterprise Monitor Aggregator have been
   upgraded to 1.0.2n.

* The Oracle JavaScript Extension Toolkit (JET) is upgraded to version
   4.0.0 in this release.

* The bundled JRE was updated to 1.8.0_162 for both the Agent and
   Service Manager.

* It is now possible to zoom in on selected ranges in timeseries
   graphs. Select a range on a graph and click the magnifying glass
   icon.

* The following NDB Cluster throughput graphs are added in this
   release:

   - NDB Cluster Throughput Overview

   - NDB Cluster Throughput - All Nodes

   - NDB Cluster Throughput

* As of this release, and as announced on the EoL announcement page,
   OS X 10.11 is no longer a supported platform for MySQL products.

Bugs Fixed

* The Server Has Anonymous Accounts advisor raised false-positive
   events for users with proxy rights, such as as those provided by
   authentication plugins. For more information on proxy users, see
   Proxy Users.

   As of this release, the advisor is renamed Server Has Anonymous
   Accounts Not Being Used As Proxies and can now differentiate between
   anonymous accounts and proxy users. (Bug #27179986)

* The metric, User Statistics, did not return any data if the
   monitored server was MySQL Server 5.6. (Bug #27178697)

* It was not possible to filter by MySQL version on the MySQL
   Instances page if NDB Cluster nodes were monitored. An error was
   displayed. (Bug #26882376)

* Several elements of the drop-down menus on the Replication view and
   Group Replication advisors were not named correctly.

* Several elements of the drop-down menus on the Query Analyzer were
   not displayed correctly.
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.3 has been releasedandy bang29 Jan