MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:March 14 2017 4:02pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.7 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.7 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.

This is a maintenance release that includes a few enhancements and
fixes a number of bugs.  You can find more information on the contents
of this release in the change log:

     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/news-3-2-7.html
     (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

     https://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

IMPORTANT: MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM) 3.3 offers many significant
improvements over MEM 3.2 and we highly recommend that you consider
upgrading. More information on MEM 3.3 is available here:

   What's New in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.3
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.3/en/mem-comparison-3-2.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.3/en/mem-faq.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.3/en/

Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems,
request features, or give us general feedback about how this release
meets your needs.

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

Useful URLs

* My Oracle Support - http://support.oracle.com/
* What's New in 3.2 -
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-comparison-3-2.html
* Change log - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/
* Installation documentation -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-installing.html
* Complete documentation - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/
* Product information -
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
* FAQs - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-faq.html
* Download - http://support.oracle.com/

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

   - The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.7

Functionality Added or Changed

* As of this release, MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent no longer creates
   the mysql.inventory table on MySQL Server 5.6, or higher. The value
   of server_uuid is used to uniquely identify the server.

   For MySQL Server 5.5, the functionality is unchanged and the agent
   creates the mysql.inventory table. (Bug #24699549)

* The OpenSSL libraries used by the MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   installers and MySQL Enterprise Monitor Aggregator have been
   upgraded to 1.0.2k.

* The Tomcat server, bundled with the MySQL Enterprise Service
   Manager, has been upgraded to 7.0.75.

Bugs Fixed

* Security Fix: MySQL Enterprise Service Manager has been updated to
   use Apache Struts 2.3.32, which has been publicly reported as not
   vulnerable to CVE-2017-5638. (Bug #25698531, CVE-2017-5638)

* MySQL Enterprise Service Manager failed to start if the operating
   system's locale was set to FR_FR. (Bug #25615156)

* MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent installer stopped unexpectedly on
   Solaris platforms. This occurred for both unattended and text
   installation modes during the agent user credential step. (Bug
   #25427615)

* No error was generated if the General and Limited user passwords
   violated a server-side password validation rule. This error occurred
   if the MySQL server used the password validation plugin.

   As of this release, if a monitoring connection request fails because
   the General or Limited user's passwords do not meet the requirements
   on the server, an error is displayed with the server error message
   and the username which caused the error. (Bug #25153652)

* Query detail graphs were not displayed on the Graphs tab of the
   query details dialog on the Query Analyzer page if the locale was
   set to Japanese. (Bug #24830763)

* If agent.sh was run as root, incorrect permissions were applied to
   some log and keystore files, making them inaccessible to the agent,
   which runs as mysql.

   As of this release, it is not possible to run agent.sh from the
   command line as root, but only as mysql. (Bug #24338452)

* The agent failed to start on Solaris platforms due to incorrectly
   defined permissions. (Bug #24327644)

* MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent upgrades overwrote custom, log4j
   configuration files with a new, default configuration file. As of
   this release, the custom log4j configuration files are preserved,
   and the new, default configuration is written to the same directory
   with the filename log4j.properties.default. (Bug #18501221)

* MySQL Enterprise Service Manager upgrade, installed as root,
   reported errors on OS X. Services did not start after the upgrade
   completed, but could be started manually.
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.7 has been releasedandy bang14 Mar