MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:July 22 2016 6:35pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.4 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.4 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.  It
will also be available via the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud with the
August update in a few weeks.  MySQL Enterprise Monitor is a
commercial extension to the MySQL family of products.

This is a maintenance release that includes a few enhancements and
fixes a number of bugs.  You can find more information on the contents
of this release in the change log:

     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/news-3-2-4.html
     (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

     https://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
in a few weeks:

     http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Choose "MySQL Database" as the Product Pack and you will find the
Enterprise Monitor along with other MySQL products.

Version 3.2 adds significant replication monitoring enhancements.
With the new release you can:

* Monitor and visualize any complex replication topology available in
   MySQL 5.7 using the completely revamped Replication Dashboard:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-replication.html

* Intuitively monitor the current process list for any MySQL 5.6+
   instances:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-reports-processes-ref.html

* Monitor your new MySQL 5.7 instances and ensure that all of the new
   features and components are being used optimally:

   http://mysqlserverteam.com/whats-new-in-mysql-5-7-generally-available/

You can see some highlights of MySQL Enterprise Monitor in the new
demo: https://youtu.be/Mya0s-Ls0Is

Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems,
request features, or give us general feedback about how this release
meets your needs.

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

Useful URLs

* My Oracle Support - http://support.oracle.com/
* What's New in 3.2 -
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-comparison-3-2.html
* Change log - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/
* Installation documentation -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-installing.html
* Complete documentation - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/
* Product information -
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
* FAQs - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-faq.html
* Download - http://support.oracle.com/ (available now) or
http://edelivery.oracle.com/ (refreshed in a week or so)

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

   - The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.4

Functionality Added or Changed

* Important Change: The bundled sys schema is upgraded to version
   1.5.1.

   Important: If you have installed an older version of sys schema on
   your monitored instances, it is recommended to upgrade to the latest
   version. The upgrade must be performed from the command line. It is
   not currently possible to upgrade sys schema from MySQL Enterprise
   Service Manager.

* The following commands are added to the MySQL Enterprise Service
   Manager configuration utility (config.sh/config.bat):

   o --renew: renews the existing self-signed certificate.

   o --import-certificate=<value>: imports the defined certificate

   o --import-key=<value>: imports the defined private key.

* The Has Errant Trxs is removed in this release, due to an issue with
   the undelrying calculations.

Bugs Fixed

* The documentation on installing SSL certificates incorrectly named
   the keystore, myKeystore. The Tomcat keystore is named keystore.
   (Bug #24327783)

* The InnoDB Redo Log Pending Writes graph was not displayed for MySQL
   5.7 instances. (Bug #23563358)

* LDAP configuration settings were not validated by the upgrade
   process. Some of the fields were empty.

   As of this release, default values are added to the empty fields.
   (Bug #23299301)

* Under certain circumstances, deleting events resulted in a long-
   running query which generated empty events. (Bug #22247688)

* A NullPointerException was logged for replication monitoring. This
   exception did not affect the performance of replication monitoring.

* The binlog-based, replication-promotion candidacy was incorrectly
   calculated.
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.4 has been releasedandy bang22 Jul