MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:May 3 2016 7:08pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.1 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.1 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.  It
will also be available via the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud with the
May update in a few weeks.  MySQL Enterprise Monitor is a
commercial extension to the MySQL family of products.

This is a maintenance release that includes a few enhancements and
fixes a number of bugs.  You can find more information on the contents
of this release in the change log:

     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/news-3-2-1.html
     (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

     https://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
in a few weeks:

     http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Choose "MySQL Database" as the Product Pack and you will find the
Enterprise Monitor along with other MySQL products.

Version 3.2 adds significant replication monitoring enhancements.
With the new release you can:

* Monitor and visualize any complex replication topology available in
   MySQL 5.7 using the completely revamped Replication Dashboard:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-replication.html

* Intuitively monitor the current process list for any MySQL 5.6+
   instances:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-reports-processes-ref.html

* Monitor your new MySQL 5.7 instances and ensure that all of the new
   features and components are being used optimally:

   http://mysqlserverteam.com/whats-new-in-mysql-5-7-generally-available/

You can see some highlights of MySQL Enterprise Monitor in the new
demo: https://youtu.be/Mya0s-Ls0Is

Please open a bug or a ticket on My Oracle Support to report problems,
request features, or give us general feedback about how this release
meets your needs.

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

Useful URLs

* My Oracle Support - http://support.oracle.com/
* What's New in 3.2 -
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-comparison-3-2.html
* Change log - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/
* Installation documentation -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-installing.html
* Complete documentation - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/
* Product information -
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
* FAQs - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.2/en/mem-faq.html
* Download - http://support.oracle.com/ (available now) or
http://edelivery.oracle.com/ (refreshed in a week or so)

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

   - The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.1

Functionality Added or Changed

* Important Change: It is not possible to upgrade directly from MySQL
   Enterprise Monitor 2.3 to 3.2. To upgrade that version, you must
   first upgrade to 3.1 and from there to 3.2.

* The default font used in MySQL Enterprise Service Manager is now
   Open Sans Fontface 1.4.2.

* The Memory Usage - OS Resident graph now also displays filesystem
   buffer and cache data for Linux systems.

Bugs Fixed

* The user interface was not correctly localized in Japanese. English
   was displayed instead. (Bug #23083897)

* Customizations to Advisors, Replication Groups, Event Handlers, and
   other system elements were lost during the upgrade from MySQL
   Enterprise Service Manager 3.1.0 to 3.2.0. (Bug #23018309)

* Replication groups were removed from event handlers during the
   ugprade process for upgrades from 3.0.x to 3.2. (Bug #23012687)

* The SQL statememt tooltip was not displayed for the contents of the
   Info column of the Status by Worker table on the Replication
   dashboard's Group Status tab. (Bug #23003249)

* The agent troubleshooting documentation incorrectly stated that the
   agent failed to start if the supplied credentials were incorrect.
   (Bug #22989144)

* If the network was misconfigured, SSL certificate generation failed
   because the CN could not be defined. As of this release, if the
   fully-qualified domain name cannot be retrieved, the system falls
   back to the contents of hostname, or, if hostname does not return a
   usable value, uses localhost.localdomain as the CN value. (Bug
   #22583338)
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.2.1 has been releasedandy bang3 May