List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andreas Lund Date:May 13 1999 12:32pm
Subject:Re: MySQL slow to connect
View as plain text
>>Try starting MySQL as: mysqld-opt --skip-name-resolve.

>   I have the same problem.
>But don't know how to solve it.
>
>  Starting mySQL with these options doesn't speed up in my pc.

I'm just guessing here, but mysql's host access table would have to be
resolved at some point, right?

If this is in fact done during startup, as would make sense, perhaps it
would help to add these hosts to the local hosts file?

(\windows\hosts.sam under Win95, \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts under NT)

-Andreas Lund.
Ano-Tech Computers
floyd@stripped
++ Time flies when you don't know what you're doing ++

Thread
MySQL slow to connectDario Gomes12 May
Re: MySQL slow to connectClaudio Mello12 May
  • Re: MySQL slow to connectRoberto Boschin13 May
Re: MySQL slow to connectAndreas Lund13 May