List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 15 2002 1:29am
Subject:Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?
View as plain text
At 20:26 -0500 9/14/02, Paul DuBois wrote:
>At 18:22 -0700 9/14/02, djlut wrote:
>>Hi all!  I'm using the standard text-based "mysql.exe" client on a
>>Windows ME machine, but I can't figure out how to create a DOS window
>>with more than 80 columns, and much MySQL output is >80 columns, and
>>when running "mysql.exe" in an 80-column DOS window the output wraps
>>and looks horrible.
>>
>>I know in Windows NT/2000 you can view the Properties for the DOS
>>prompt icon and there's a "Layout" tab that allows entry of an
>>arbitrary number of rows/columns, but on Windows ME, there's no
>>"Layout" tab, only a "Screen" tab where you can only choose 25/43/50
>>rows, but you have no choice of how many columns you want; it's always
>>80.
>
>You can:
>
>- Run some more capable version of Windows, which is widely regarded
>   as pretty bad,

Freudian slip! :-)

I meant to say "more capable version of Windows than Windows Me, which is..."

>or (assuming you can't do that)
>
>- Terminate queries with \G rather than ; to cause "vertical" output
>   format.
>

>>If anyone can help, please do.  This is driving me crazy. :)  Thanks
>>guys!

Thread
Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?djlut15 Sep
  • Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?Paul DuBois15 Sep
    • Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?Paul DuBois15 Sep
      • Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?djlut15 Sep