List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 15 2002 1:26am
Subject:Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?
View as plain text
At 18:22 -0700 9/14/02, djlut wrote:
>Hi all!  I'm using the standard text-based "mysql.exe" client on a
>Windows ME machine, but I can't figure out how to create a DOS window
>with more than 80 columns, and much MySQL output is >80 columns, and
>when running "mysql.exe" in an 80-column DOS window the output wraps
>and looks horrible.
>
>I know in Windows NT/2000 you can view the Properties for the DOS
>prompt icon and there's a "Layout" tab that allows entry of an
>arbitrary number of rows/columns, but on Windows ME, there's no
>"Layout" tab, only a "Screen" tab where you can only choose 25/43/50
>rows, but you have no choice of how many columns you want; it's always
>80.

You can:

- Run some more capable version of Windows, which is widely regarded
   as pretty bad,

or (assuming you can't do that)

- Terminate queries with \G rather than ; to cause "vertical" output
   format.

>If anyone can help, please do.  This is driving me crazy. :)  Thanks
>guys!

Thread
Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?djlut15 Sep
  • Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?Paul DuBois15 Sep
    • Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?Paul DuBois15 Sep
      • Re: Running mysql.exe >80cols on Win ME?djlut15 Sep