List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 15 1999 6:03pm
Subject:strange connection problems, what is missing?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Christian" == Christian Sage <csage@stripped> writes:

Christian> Some weeks ago we had installed a registered version, and all was well. This
> was upgraded to 3.22.26a, and all was still well. Then the person on whose computer the
> database resides decided he should have AOL and installed that. Still no problems with
> MySQL. However, a lot of his network stuff didn't work any more after he had de-installed
> AOL again. So the network stuff was got back onto his computer and now works again. This
> is where the problems begin.
Christian> The machine is a Compaq notebook running on Windows 95. Windows 95 and the
> installed applications work. The network works. TCP/IP is there (IPX/SPX and remote
> network, too). "127.0.0.1 localhost" is in the hosts file. Nothing in the network
> parameters looks strange. When mysqld is started, though, what appears in the error file
> is

Christian> C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLD.EXE: ready for connections
Christian> Error on new connection socket: No error
Christian> Error on new connection socket: No error
Christian> Error on new connection socket: No error
Christian> Error on new connection socket

Christian> and the error messages continue to get written in that same manner at an
> appalling rate (the hard disk of the computer filled up pretty quickly). All right, we
> think, maybe something got replaced that shouldn't have been. MySQL is re-installed.
> Still, no soap. Exactly the same effect as before, same message, no change in behaviour.

Christian> Where have we gone wrong? And what should we try next? Any ideas anybody?

Christian> Christian

Hi!

The above means that the following code fails:

      if (getsockname(new_sock,&dummy, &dummyLen) < 0)
	sql_perror("Error on new connection socket");

Sorry, but I don't know what the socket call fails, but it's probably
a problem in the Win95 drivers :(

If you want, I can give you access to the MySQL win32 source to help
figure out this, but if you aren't a programmer this will probably not
help you :(

I assume the only other option is to reinstall Win95 or install Win98
on the computer :(

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the long delay before replying, but I just come back from
    a 2 weeks vacation trip.
Thread
strange connection problems, what is missing?Christian Sage28 Oct
  • strange connection problems, what is missing?Michael Widenius15 Nov