List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 16 2002 10:34pm
Subject:Re: Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?
View as plain text
>Hi. Would someone please shed some light on the reasons why I would
>want to run MySQL server as a service in W2K (Pro SP1)? What's the
>difference between standalone vs service?

Service:
Windows will start the server for you when you boot your machine and shut
it down for you when you shut down your machine.

Standalone:
You have to do those things manually.

>I've searched the lists on "standalone" and "service" and the docs
>and did not really find an answer to the question "why?".
>
>Mvus

Thread
Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?Motivus Motivus17 Aug
  • Re: Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?Paul DuBois17 Aug
Re: Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?Brian McDonald17 Aug
  • Re: Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?Paul DuBois17 Aug
Re: Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?Brian McDonald17 Aug
RE: Running MySQL as a service in Windows 2000. Why?Rob Vieira19 Aug