List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 15 1999 5:50pm
Subject:Re: MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shell
View as plain text

>> I know that the command line utility must use stdin and stdout for
>> reading the input in order it to work correctly in Emacs shell. If
>> mysql uses CON or something else, then it won't respond..

Jari>     In Linux, using Xemacs 20.4, I can use mysql just by doing:
Jari>     [it works]

Jari> The problem is with Win32 version of mysql.

Jari> We must remember that Linux/Unix shell is completely different
Jari> than using Win32 shell.

Jari> My suspicion is that mysql has been coded plain wrong to use some Win32
Jari> input reading and that's why it can't be run under Win32 Emacs.

Jari> I'd hope some of the developers of mysql would take into stand because
Jari> we're purchasing a mySQL licence soon and unable to run the
Jari> mysql under Win32 Emacs is a BIG DRAWBACK

Jari>     ..
Jari>     Jani Tolonen <jani@stripped>

Hi!

mysql.exe only uses stdio/stdout on windows.

If someone wants to play with this on Win32, just mail me to get a
copy of the MySQL Win32 source distribution.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shell(Jari Aalto)28 Oct
  • MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shellJani Tolonen28 Oct
    • Re: MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shellBob Kline28 Oct
Re: MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shell(Jari Aalto)28 Oct
  • Re: MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shellJani Tolonen2 Nov
    • Re: MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shellSinisa Milivojevic2 Nov
  • Re: MySQL won't work from inside NT Emacs 20.4 cmdproxy/bash shellMichael Widenius15 Nov