List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 14 1999 5:36pm
Subject:RegExp question
View as plain text
>>>>> "Philips" == Philips  <philips_at_work@stripped> writes:

Philips> under WinNT with shareware version 3.21.29 I have the following problem:

Philips> in documentation right argument for REGEXP is marked as expression, but if I
> try
Philips> to write something like (for example)

Philips> SELECT ... WHERE (ADDRESS REGEXP
Philips> CONCAT('.*',SOME_FIELD_1,'.*',SOME_FIELD_2,'.*'))

Philips> I got the syntax error.

Philips> In my case I was needed to create regular expression in program (Perl 5.5.2)
Philips> on-the-fly using generated on-the-fly subregexps and fields from base.

Philips> As I understand this is bug in documentation, but for me it's more prefereble
Philips> change MySQL, according the documentation ;-)

Hi!

In MySQL 3.21 the REGEXP was a constant string;  This is fixed in the
newer MySQL versions.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the long delay before replying, but I just come back from
    a 2 weeks vacation trip.
Thread
RegExp questionPhilips26 Oct
  • RegExp questionMichael Widenius14 Nov