List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 2 2002 3:21pm
Subject:Re: "2006 - MySQL server has gone away"
View as plain text
At 16:49 +0200 8/2/02, Doru-Catalin Togea wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>PART 1
>------
>
>I have put MySQL to a heavy task and it dies out with the "2006 - MySQL
>server has gone away" error message, when interfacing it by means of
>MySQL-Front. My goal is to put the whole Bible in mysql. To this purpose I
>have generated an sql script using python, which creates a table and then
>inserts the text of the Bible, verse by verse, into it.

I have done this with no problems, although I prefer to use MySQL 4 because
its FULLTEXT capabilities are more mature.  Let me know if you'd like my
notes.  You can see a *very* simple search interface for this at
http://www.kitebird.com/cgi-perl/mcb/kjv.pl)

It's based on the KJV text available at unbound.biola.edu.

>My script goes like this:
>
>	---------------------------------------
>use test_bibles;
>drop table nkj;
>create table nkj (book varchar(3), chapter int(3), verse int(3), txt
>blob);
>insert into nkj values
>('Gen',1,1,'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. '),
>('Gen',1,2,'The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] on
>the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of
>the waters. '),
>('Gen',1,3,'Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. '),
>('Gen',1,4,'And God saw the light, that [it was] good; and God divided the
>light from the darkness. '),
>
>	<skip>
>
>('Rev',22,20,'He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming
>quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! '),
>('Rev',22,21,'The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you
>all. Amen. ')
>	---------------------------------------
>
>There are more then 31.000 rows to be inserted. Is that a problem? Should
>I use a special kind of tables? Currently my table is a myISAM table
>(whatever that is).
>
>I am running version 3.23.51-max-nt on win 2000 Pro.
>
>I have tried my script with only a few rows (like 50) and it works.
>
>PART 2
>------
>
>I tried to run my script as a batch job from the command line, but I
>experience problems connecting to mysqlc:
>
>	c:\mysql\bin>mysqlc -h localhost -u catalin -p <
>../scripts/nkj.sql
>	Enter password: ****************
>	ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'catalin@localhost' (Using
>password: YES)
>
>because, I am not prompted for my password, and the password used by
>default obviously does not work. How do I configure my user so that I'll
>be able to run this batch jobb?
>
>I can connect this way:
>
>	c:\mysql\bin>mysqlc -u catalin -p
>	Enter password: *************
>	Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
>	Your MySQL connection id is 66 to server version: 3.23.51-max-nt
>
>	Type 'help' for help.
>
>	mysql>
>
>but then I do not know how to run the batch job, while at the mysql
>prompt.
>
>I appreciate if you can help.
>
>Best regards,
>Catalin

>	<<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>
>	<<  Excellence, therefore, is not an act  >>
>	<<             but a habit.               >>

Thread
"2006 - MySQL server has gone away"Doru-Catalin Togea2 Aug
  • Re: "2006 - MySQL server has gone away"Paul DuBois2 Aug
  • Re: "2006 - MySQL server has gone away"Paul DuBois2 Aug
    • Re: "2006 - MySQL server has gone away"Doru-Catalin Togea4 Aug