List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 13 1999 11:38am
Subject:RE: OLE DB
View as plain text
>>>>> "Gerald" == Gerald R Jensen <autodata@stripped> writes:

Gerald> Arnold:
Gerald> I certainly hope so! We have a major app that uses OLE DB running on
Gerald> Microsoft SQL Server ... we would welcome the opportunity to not have to
Gerald> shell out bug $$$!

Gerald> Our programmers have had some contact with Monty on this issue ... I think
Gerald> if there is enough interest it can happen.

Gerald> G Jensen

Gerald> ----------
Gerald> From: 	Arnold Johnson[SMTP:AJ.MySQL@stripped]
Gerald> Sent: 	Monday, October 25, 1999 8:03 PM
Gerald> To: 	win32@stripped
Gerald> Subject: 	OLE DB

Gerald> Are there any plans to have "OLE DB" drivers for MySQL?
Gerald> I ask, because I am developing in Delphi and using ADO, and would like
Gerald> to include MySQL to the list of supported Database Servers using ADO.
Gerald> I know it would be possible using the ODBC provider and the MySQL ODBC
Gerald> driver, but out of curiosity would like to know whether there are any
Gerald> plans for OLE DB drivers.

Hi!

We are very interested in having OLE support for MySQL, but
unfortunately we haven't the expertise (or time to learn OLE)
to do this ourselves just now.

If anybody would be interested in helping us doing this, and get paid
in the process in addition to eternal fame, just mail me!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Windows 2000 RC2, mySQLAlain Fontaine25 Oct
  • Re: Windows 2000 RC2, mySQLSinisa Milivojevic25 Oct
    • Who can become a member of MySQL Developers Team ?D.B.N.25 Oct
      • Re: Who can become a member of MySQL Developers Team ?Sinisa Milivojevic26 Oct
    • RE: Windows 2000 RC2, mySQLBrian Andrews25 Oct
      • RE: Windows 2000 RC2, mySQLsinisa25 Oct
      • RE: Windows 2000 RC2, mySQLMichael Widenius13 Nov
    • Re: Who can become a member of MySQL Developers Team ?Tonu Samuel25 Oct
      • OLE DBArnold Johnson26 Oct
RE: OLE DBGerald R. Jensen27 Oct
  • RE: OLE DBMichael Widenius13 Nov