List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 28 2002 1:40am
Subject:Re: Really dumb question
View as plain text
At 17:21 -0400 7/26/02, David Siebert wrote:
>What the heck is the default password for mysql. I just did an install on my
>XP machine and cna not find it anywhere.

There isn't one.  You should be able to connect without one.  For example,
assuming the server is running, you should be able to connect like this:

mysql -h localhost -u root
mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u root
mysql -h . -u root                (only for servers that support named pipes)

Thread
Problems with the installation of MySQL on Win2000BALAMWW24 Jul
  • Really dumb questionDavid Siebert26 Jul
    • Re: Really dumb questionGerald R. Jensen28 Jul
    • Re: Really dumb questionPaul DuBois28 Jul
      • Really dumb question Part IIDavid Siebert29 Jul
        • Re: Really dumb question Part IIIikka Meriläinen29 Jul
  • Re: Problems with the installation of MySQL on Win2000leo g. divinagracia iii30 Jul
RE: Really dumb questionMarvin Cummings28 Jul
RE: Really dumb question Part IIDave Watkinson30 Jul