List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roger Niederland Date:April 27 1999 4:47pm
Subject:NT Service
View as plain text
I previously was running the shareware version of mysql and purchased the registered
version of mysql.
I uninstalled the shareware version and installed the mysql 3.22.21. Computer running NT
4.0 server SP4

I installed mysql as a service via: mysqld-nt --install
The service installed but when I try to start it (even after a reboot) I get:
"Could not start the MySql service on \\NAME
Error 1067: The Process terminated unexpectedly."

I look in the registry at the mysql service info, and it is pointing to the correct file.

I can get mysql to run via the command line:  mysqld-nt --standalone.

What should I do?

Thanks
Roger
rogern@stripped