List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 15 1999 6:36pm
Subject:Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT service
View as plain text
>>>>> "Dimiter" == Dimiter Dimitriev <webmaster@stripped> writes:

Dimiter> Hi,
Dimiter> I have mysqld running on a client's NT machine. Due to some selects with
Dimiter> a high join level I have to set a higer (16-32 MB) tmp_table_size or
Dimiter> otherwise I get an "SQL table ... full" error. Some time ago, I read
Dimiter> that when installing mysqld as a service there is no way to pass
Dimiter> parameters. Is this still true, and what options do I have? Currently,
Dimiter> I've put a .BAT file in the AutoStart folder which starts mysqld with
Dimiter> the necessary options, but this is ugly - there is always a DOS window
Dimiter> open, and I see no way to make it running when no one is logged in.

Dimiter> Using the option which forces temporary tables to be stored on disk is
Dimiter> not what I'd like to do.

Dimiter> Thanks in advance for your advices,

Dimiter> Dimiter Dimitriev
Dimiter> RLS Jakobsmeyer

Hi!

If you are using a MySQL 3.22 version, You can set default parameters
through a c:\my.cnf file.  This is documented in the MySQL manual,
check the section: Win32 notes.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT serviceDimiter Dimitriev15 Mar
  • Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT serviceMichael Widenius15 Mar
  • Re: Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT servicePaul D Silevitch15 Mar