List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 20 1999 5:26pm
Subject:Re: grrrrr Win32 version of MySQL is weird
View as plain text

Jean-Marc> David D.W. Downey wrote:
>> Why can i do a GRANT usage ON example.* TO webuser@localhost; GRANT
>> select,delete,insert ON example.* TO webuser@localhost; to the Linux version
>> of MySQL but these same exact commands fail on the Win32 version?
>> This I am NOT understanding.

Jean-Marc> Again and again the same question!
Jean-Marc> You just can't do it on the win32 shareware version.
Jean-Marc> And you're right when you suggest that it should be DOCUMENTED!

Hi!

This is now documented in the Win32 section in the MySQL manual.
We are sorry that we have missed to point this out.

I am on the other hand quite sure this is covered in the manual that
is included with the shareware version, but apparently this is not
enough.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
grrrrr Win32 version of MySQL is weirdDavid D.W. Downey20 Oct
  • Re: grrrrr Win32 version of MySQL is weirdBob Kline20 Oct
  • Re: grrrrr Win32 version of MySQL is weirdJean-Marc Chofflet20 Oct
    • Re: grrrrr Win32 version of MySQL is weirdMichael Widenius20 Oct
Re: grrrrr Win32 version of MySQL is weirdDavid D.W. Downey20 Oct