List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 20 1999 2:43am
Subject:mysqladmin shutdown and port 3307
View as plain text
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Ruby <stever@stripped> writes:

Steve> in attempt to test some stuff I am trying to get mysql to run in another
Steve> instance on port 3307 on my windows machine

Steve> WinNT 4.0 sp3
Steve> Mysql 3.22.26a

Steve> c:\> mysqladmin shutdown

Steve> kills my standard mysql server (on port 3306) just fine as does
Steve> c:\> mysqladmin -P3306 shutdown

Steve> In attempting to run another instance of the server I execute this in a
Steve> cmd window:
Steve> H:\>mysqld --debug=c:\\temp\\debuglog.log
Steve> --datadir=h:\\webdbs\\mydata3307 --port=3307 --standalone

Steve> I am able to do
Steve> H:\>mysqladmin -P3307 create dbname

Steve> I am able to connect to and disconnect from the 3307 database with no
Steve> problem
Steve> the problem is when I execute

Steve> H:\>mysqladmin -P3307 shutdown

Steve> nothing happens :( nothing goes to .err the database on 3307 is still
Steve> alive,
Steve> nothing changed. There is no file being created in c:\temp

Steve> Should I be starting this one another way? It would be nice if I could
Steve> are there other values that I need to override, either default or in my
Steve> my.cnf?

<cut>

Hi!

The above should work.  I will test it tomorrow.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysqladmin shutdown and port 3307Steve Ruby19 Oct
  • Re: mysqladmin shutdown and port 3307Steve Ruby19 Oct
  • mysqladmin shutdown and port 3307Michael Widenius20 Oct
  • mysqladmin shutdown and port 3307Michael Widenius21 Oct