List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 19 1999 12:58pm
Subject:Re: Problem with Passwords when creating db
View as plain text
>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Hartfield, CPA
> <srhcpa@stripped> writes:

Stephen> I am having a problem creating a database with a password.
Stephen> Using "insert into" I have entered host, user, password into the user
Stephen> database.  When I "Select * from user" I get the following:

Stephen> 1) localhost | root | blank for password |  Y Y Y Y Y etc.
Stephen> 2) % | blank | blank | Y Y Y Y etc
Stephen> 3) localhost | blank | blank | Y Y Y Y etc
Stephen> 4) localhost | xyz | encrypted password | Y Y Y Y etc  <-this is the user
Stephen> input for my database

Stephen> When I type in:  mysqladmin -u root -p create dbname, then enter the
Stephen> password
Stephen> I get the following error:

Stephen>             connect to server at 'localhost' failed error:
Stephen>             'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'

Stephen> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Stephen> Thanks,

Hi!

You are in the above case using the following entry:

localhost | root | blank for password |  Y Y Y Y Y etc.

Which doesn't have a password...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Problem with Passwords when creating dbCPA Stephen Hartfield19 Oct
  • Re: Problem with Passwords when creating dbMichael Widenius19 Oct