List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ashley pestkowski Date:April 7 1999 9:24am
Subject:Help with mysqldump and mysqlimport.
View as plain text
Hello All,
         I need a bit of help with mysqlimport and mysqldump. The problem I
having is I receive databases from lots of different sources.

Some of data is really clean, but the rest is dirty. For example double
quotes,commas,carriage returns and everything else to make the process of
getting the data imported difficult.

What I really looking for is a fool proof method of getting the data
imported. I have played around with both utilities, a dump or import
sometime works but with lots of errors.

Could somebody give me a working example? Guaranteed to alleviate my
importing and exporting blues?

What I am not sure about is this bit.

  --fields-terminated-by=...
                        Fields in the textfile are terminated by ...
  --fields-enclosed-by=...
                        Fields in the importfile are enclosed by ...
  --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...
                        Fields in the i.file are opt. enclosed by ...
  --fields-escaped-by=...
                        Fields in the i.file are escaped by ...
  --lines-terminated-by=...
                        Lines in the i.file are terminated by ...

I use win mysql Version 3.22

Many thanks,

Ashley
Thread
Help with mysqldump and mysqlimport.ashley pestkowski7 Apr