List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 17 1999 7:59pm
Subject:Re: CONNECTION PROBLEM
View as plain text
>>>>> "Roel" == Roel Hammerschlag <roeland@stripped> writes:

>> ERROR: Access denied for user: '@unknown' to database 'intra'
Roel> Oh yes, yes someone please answer this, I have the same problem!  Except after I
> attempted a DBI->connect() operation across my ISP once (Of course that didn't work,
> but I figured it was worth a try!) now instead of the message that Jean-Marc is getting I
> get this one:

Roel>    ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost.atl.mindspring.net'

Roel> So obiously MySQL is trying to be "smart" about something by translating the user
> name in some way...but I can't figure out how or why it's doing this!

Hi!

The MySQL manual explains the reason for the above and how to fix it
in the section: Access denied.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
CONNECTION PROBLEMJean-Marc Chofflet15 Oct
  • Re: CONNECTION PROBLEMRoel Hammerschlag15 Oct
    • Re: CONNECTION PROBLEMMichael Widenius17 Oct
  • Re: CONNECTION PROBLEMJean-Marc Chofflet18 Oct
  • Re: CONNECTION PROBLEMRoel Hammerschlag19 Oct
  • Re: CONNECTION PROBLEMJean-Marc Chofflet19 Oct