List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 14 1999 11:37am
Subject:Re[2]: indexed column doesn't query!
View as plain text
>I am sorry for posting the same question multiple times.
>I solved the problem: my text editor (EditPlus) has different
>file modes for PC, Unix and Mac. Although mySQL resides on win32
>platform (both server and client), the data file that is to be loaded
>using LOAD DATA INFILE .... has to be in Unix format?!? That has to do
>with the line endings, I guess, since mySQL recognizes \n as a line
>ending, but not wahetever Win uses... Lost half a day to figure out

Using the LINES TERMINATED BY option may help you out here.
Specifically, LINES TERMINATED BY "\r\n"
Check the syntax in the manual to see where it fits in the

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
indexed column doesn't query!Peter Bojkov13 Oct
  • Re: indexed column doesn't query!Bob Kline13 Oct
    • Re[2]: indexed column doesn't query!Peter Bojkov14 Oct
      • Re[2]: indexed column doesn't query!Paul DuBois14 Oct