List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimiter Dimitriev Date:March 15 1999 3:03pm
Subject:Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT service
View as plain text
Hi,

I have mysqld running on a client's NT machine. Due to some selects with
a high join level I have to set a higer (16-32 MB) tmp_table_size or
otherwise I get an "SQL table ... full" error. Some time ago, I read
that when installing mysqld as a service there is no way to pass
parameters. Is this still true, and what options do I have? Currently,
I've put a .BAT file in the AutoStart folder which starts mysqld with
the necessary options, but this is ugly - there is always a DOS window
open, and I see no way to make it running when no one is logged in.

Using the option which forces temporary tables to be stored on disk is
not what I'd like to do.

Thanks in advance for your advices,

Dimiter Dimitriev
RLS Jakobsmeyer

Thread
Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT serviceDimiter Dimitriev15 Mar
  • Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT serviceMichael Widenius15 Mar
  • Re: Passing parameters to mysqld when running as a NT servicePaul D Silevitch15 Mar