List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 5 1999 12:02pm
Subject:myAdmin
View as plain text
> writes:

Dennis> Hi people,
Dennis> I am now beginning to look at myAdmin again. As some of you may knowI lost
Dennis> the entire source code in february, and thus everything must be
Dennis> reimplemented.

Dennis> I'm wondering if anybody would like to participate in the development of
Dennis> myAdmin. Not necesarrily with code, rather by contributing critique and good
Dennis> ideas.

Dennis> This, I believe, would help making the coming version of myAdmin (1.1) much
Dennis> better for us all. Perhaps TCX would be interested in 'participating'.

Dennis> I also have a question regarding the win32 client library. Which is the best
Dennis> way to determine if you are connected or not? Ping?

Dennis> Let me know - TIA,

Dennis> Sincerely,

Dennis> -qabi

Hi!

We are here at TCX working on a new 'standard' MySQL win32 / Unix
client that will be released under GPL.  The source is using the MySQL
c++ library, by Keving Atkinson, and FLTK toolkit, by Bill Spitzak.
Both should be quite platform independent (works on Win32 and Unix)

It would be great if you could at least look at extending this before doing
anything else!  The only 'major' problem is that Sinisa has the newest
source code of the client and it will probably take a while before he
can send it to us.

About your connect question:  Yes, ping is the fastest way to check if
the server is up!  (Ping will automaticly try to reconnect if necessary)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones3 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceAaron Johnson3 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceSimson L. Garfinkel4 Apr
    • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceSimson L. Garfinkel5 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones3 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones4 Apr
  • myAdminDennis Thrys√łe5 Apr
    • myAdminMichael Widenius5 Apr
    • Re: myAdminPaul D Silevitch5 Apr