List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:April 4 1999 2:48pm
Subject:Re: Cannot start as NT Servive
View as plain text
I am using 3.22.20 Win binary.

I finally got the service to start.  Here is the steps that worked:
1.  Remove using mysqld-nt --remove
2.  Uninstall software using Control Panel, Add Remove Software
3.  Edit registry to make sure all mysql keys removed.
4.  Re-install software.
5.  Copy my-example.cnf to C:\my.cnf
6.  Edit my.cnf to include:
	[mysqld]
	basedir = c:\mysql\
	datadir = c:\mysql\data\

7.  from C:\ execute c:\mysql\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --install
8.  Go to Control Panel Services and start Mysql.
9.  Test automatic start by rebooting, everything okay.

It seems the two critical steps were to make sure my.cnf was in the root
before executing mysqld-nt --install; and to make sure the basedir and
datadir were set in my.cnf.

A good lesson to include in the Readme file that is installed in mysql when
installing the Win version.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Re: Cannot start as NT ServiveChristopher R. Jones4 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT ServiveChristopher R. Jones4 Apr