List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 7 1999 12:25pm
Subject:Re: Win32 installation on another source drive
View as plain text
>>>>> "Joost-Jan" == Joost-Jan Hendriksen <joost-jan@stripped>
> writes:

Joost-Jan> Hello,
Joost-Jan> First of all, thank you for your reply!

Joost-Jan> Michael Widenius wrote:

>> > You can install the shareware version anywhere, but if you don't store
>> it in C: then you have startup arguments to where you have installed
>> it!  For example:  mysqld --basedir=d:/mysql
>> The above is explained in the MySQL README file you got with the
>> shareware version.
Joost-Jan> I tried to, but mysql crashes when I try to start it this way ... :(

If you can describe exactly what happens, we may be able to help you!

>> The registered version can more easily be installed anywhere with the
>> help of a my.cnf file!

Joost-Jan> I tried to use a .cnf file with our shareware version, but I have got
Joost-Jan> the idea that the shareware version does not read this file. Am I
Joost-Jan> correct when I think this?

Yes.  The current shareware version doesn't support my.cnf files.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Win32 installation on another source driveMichael Widenius7 Oct
  • Re: Win32 installation on another source driveJJ Hendriksen7 Oct
    • Re: Win32 installation on another source driveSteve Ruby7 Oct
    • Re: Win32 installation on another source driveMichael Widenius8 Oct
    • RE: Win32 system crashNeil Galvin8 Oct
      • Re: Win32 system crashTonu Samuel8 Oct
      • RE: Win32 system crashMichael Widenius10 Oct
Re: Win32 installation on another source drivechristian kerrens10 Oct