List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 16 2001 4:53pm
Subject:Re: Undefined function and not a valid MySQL result ...
View as plain text
At 5:52 PM +0400 6/16/01, Dmitry Murashev wrote:
>Hello!
>Can anybody help me to solve my problem?
>I recently began to write php scripts that uses MySQL. I'm working
>in Windows 98 and using Apache server for Win'98.
>
>I have two errors and I don't know what to do with that :(
>
>1. When I'm using function mysql_use_result() in *.php I'm getting
>
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_use_result() in
>d:\server\www\top\list2.php on line 15

mysql_use_result() is a function from the C API.  I don't think there
is an equivalent in the PHP MySQL API.

>2. When I'm using function mysql_fetch_row() in *.php I'm getting
>Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
>d:\server\www\top\list.php on line 27

Typically this is the result of passing FALSE to mysql_fetch_row(),
which is typically the result of not performing any error checking
on the return value from mysql_query().

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread